Pasta doesn’t always have to be drenched in sauce to be delicious. Blistering fresh tomatoes with white wine and olive oil make the perfect light sauce for wide Pappardelle pasta and crumbled sausage. Top with salty feta cheese and you have a perfect plate of pasta.
Seasonings: Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Olive Oil
Handful of Basil
1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup White Wine
1/2 Pound Pappardelle Pasta
(8) Sweet Italian Sausage Links
Crumbled Feta Cheese
– Let a tablespoon of olive oil heat up in a pan on medium flame.
– Have the pasta water (salted) heating to a boil.
– Wash the cherry tomatoes and a handful of fresh basil then place off to the side.
– Cut a line down each sausage link.
– Remove sausage meat from casings then crumble into the hot oil.
– Brown meat till cooked through then push the meat off to the side so one side of the pan is cleared.
– Throw in the cherry tomatoes and let blister so juices go into pan.
– You can now add in the white wine and the chicken broth along with the fresh basil leaves.
– Combine all and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
– Simmer on low till pasta is ready to be combined into pan.
– Once pasta is cooked through, ladle one or two spoonful’s of pasta water into the pan.
– Now drain the pasta and throw direct into the sauce pan.
– Add a drizzle of olive oil season again with salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix.
– Turn off the heat.
– Plate pasta, top with feta and serve.
*You can always use chicken sausage instead of pork sausage and even add other veggies to the tomatoes like mushrooms or green beans.
~ A.M.A ~
© Cookery for Two – 2012 . Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Cookery for Two with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.